The proposed solar farm situated on land between Babraham and Sawston has been refused at planning level, appealed and refused again so will not proceed.
There is going to be a debate on the EU referendum in Sawston on Wednesday 8th June at 19:30 in the Free Church, chaired by Rev. Bruce Waldron. There will be a couple of representatives for both Remain and Leave (from various parties), with pre-set questions and the opportunity for the audience to also ask questions. We aim for the debate to finish around 21:00.
For more details, you can visit the events Facebook Page.Continue reading
The Annual Parish Meeting was held on 8 May at 7.30 pm in the School Hall.
For the latest news and a chance to discuss the key issues affecting your village, come to this meeting. As in previous years there will be sumptuous refreshments and a super soaraway prize draw.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Report from the Parish Council Chairman
3. Financial report
4. Report from the Police
5. Report from Babraham Research Campus
6. Report from Babraham Primary School
7. Report from the Bush and Bennett Charity
8. Report from County Councillor – Peter Topping
9. Report from District Councillor – Tony Orgee
10. Report from Babraham Farms
Interval for Refreshments and Prize Draw
Immediately following the Annual Parish Meeting there will be the Annual General Meeting of the Village Hall Committee.Continue reading