Green Bin Collections
Babraham Parish Council
Please see below for a news release from South Cambridgeshire District and Cambridge City Councils. It advises residents that, unfortunately, we have had to suspend green bin collections from Monday. The key points are:
- Green bin collections are being suspended from Monday (13 December) because of the number of drivers and loaders absent - particularly with Coronavirus or self-isolating.
- After that, green bin collections are planned to resume on Wednesday 12 January 2022 in line with the previously published Christmas schedule.
- Crews are working hard to complete green bin rounds that are scheduled for the rest of this week. The message for the rest of this week is to put your green bin out as normal. If it is not collected on your usual collection day, leave it out, and it will be emptied by the afternoon of Tuesday 14 December.
- During the green bin suspension, the advice for garden waste is to store this in the green bin or in a plie in the garden, or home compost, until collections resume. If necessary, it can be taken to the household recycling centres at Milton or Thriplow.
- As always, residents are being encouraged to waste as little food as possible, so they have less to throw away. For this period only, residents who do have food waste are being asked to put it into the black bin.
- Changes are now being made to update the online bin collection calendar at www.scambs.gov.uk/recycling-and-bins to reflect the suspension of green bin collections.
Find Babraham Parish Council
Babraham, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire