In 1903 the then Lord of the Manor, Charles Robert Whorwood Adeane, built the Madeline Hall in memory of his wife and donated the building to the village to be used as a community facility. This hall subsequently fell into disrepair and by the 1990’s was derelict and unsalvageable, and in 2002 was sold for demolition and re-development. This sale was overseen by the Village Hall Committee, a charitable organisation whose remit was to use the proceeds of the sale for the benefit of the villagers.
These funds remain and ideas for their beneficial use are currently being considered.
28 Brick Row, Babraham